[clug] OpenSource Alternative to Aperture for Photos

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 00:44:12 MST 2010

Mikal:
> Isn't it winey because it uses Wine? IIRC the wine guys were paid to add
> support for the extra bits that Picasa needed.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It's pretty good, but now that
Chris has shown me the kipi-plugins which for some unknowable reason
aren't part of a default DigiKam installation, I'm thinking that
pretty well everything I might want to do in a camera workflow can be
found in DigiKam. Perhaps even working with camera RAW.

So Karun, do take a look at DigiKam with the kipi-plugins package installed.

--
MC