[clug] Linux compatible external Thermometer

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Tue Feb 23 01:00:40 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 05:10:10PM +1100, Peter Barker wrote:

> I enjoy using various cheap USB devices for this.  Easy to get working.
>
> Unfortunately, they never appear to have a serial number, so there's no
> *absolutely* reliable way to ensure you don't get multiple devices out of
> order on the one machine.

Hmmm...  What about if they went onto separate USB host controllers,
so that you could have a script which pokes around in /sys to figure
out which is connected where?

I'm also interested in these things - what driver do you use, and how
do you read the data out of them?

Kev.

| Kevin Pulo                Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. |
| kev at pulo.com.au               _ll l_ng__g_e_ _r_ hi__ly p__d_ct__le. |
| http://www.kev.pulo.com.au/         God casts the die, not the dice. |
`--------------- Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. ---------------'