[clug] OT: very short term wifi broadband?

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:55:26 MST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Grant Morphett <grant at gmorph.com> wrote:
> How much did it all cost in the end?  How long did you sign up for?

The Telstra NextG prepaid thing from Dick Smith is $99 for the USB
modem and it includes 1Gb of data. It has no contract but the minimum
top up is $20, and if the modem doesn't get topped up in a six month
period then it gets deactivated. I don't know what reactivation
entails. There is also some issue about credit from a one month period
not rolling over to the next month unless you do a top up. These
details are from when I activated over the phone (need a driver's
license/passport/etc but no credit card) so you should read the
Telstra site in more detail:

http://www.telstra.com.au/bigpond_internet/rates.html

Speed and connectivity has been great (in Brisbane at the moment).

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net