[clug] Internode dumps FOSS for MS Exchange [SEC=PERSONAL]

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Feb 15 23:01:25 MST 2010

On 16/02/2010, at 15:35 , Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> People on this mailing list may not be aware of this, but Internode do
> have some cluey open source people working for them and I doubt its a
> decision they would have made lightly.

I'm not suggesting that people at Internode are Luddites.  My only complaint is that the article in question gushes forth with praise for how wonderful and shiny Exchange is (because it works with the iPhone), without giving any detail at all about what FOSS options they'd previously pursued (which didn't work with the iPhone).

> They have for a long time been
> very open source friendly (eg. never had to lie to them about what OS
> you are running when wanting support)

And at present, it sticks in my mind that they got these cool washed-in-unicorn-tears Apple products, and in order to feed their craving to use them, they threw out all their previous work and got in Exchange simply so they could croon over their Jesus phones.

Alex