[clug] Android talk ?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Aug 10 22:33:18 MDT 2010

Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> writes:

> as a new owner to Android, looking to see if there will be any talks or
> demo's on "rooting" and ROM cooking and how people do this and use these
> smart phones etc..

Well, I did, on the basis that I want to control the hardware I pay money for
as much as I wanted the fine new features.

> I like many others are waiting for 2.2 to roll out but wanting to know if
> there is any benefit on flashing a custom ROM etc..

I found so; CyanogenMOD is my tool of choice and, IIRC, it will have Legend
support in the next (2.2) release.

> Personally I have a HTC Legend and must say I'm a fanboy, the tethering was
> a great feature just on its own..

Lucky you: with a magic I got OS 1.5 and no teathering before root.

        Daniel