[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:48:40 MDT 2010

On 4 August 2010 13:45, Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> wrote:

> c'mon... the dealbreaker is, it is closed and doesn't run linux  :)
>
> doesn't have microSD memory card slot either.  and requires iTunes
> (ptui!).  and they don't give you access to a directory structure and
> the ability to create stuff and move it aound... and...
>
> but having said that, it is a nice package and they are a lot of fun
> to play with...
>
> jim
>
> heard the other day that someone had jailbroken on and put android on
> it.  I guess people are already trying to sneak a version of linux
> inthere.  I am hanging out for the clones. every phone and computer
> manufacterer will be making one of these soon.

Indeed. Haven't Acer got one out already?

Cheers! Lana

Quarrel? Nonsense; we have not quarreled. If one is not to get into a rage
sometimes, what is the good of being friends?
  - George Eliot

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.