[clug] Verifying SPAM or Google Recruiting

Jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Tue Apr 27 19:03:02 MDT 2010

On 28/04/10 10:06 AM, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> Even then, why would I want to work for a company that doesn't believe it's own products to the level that they send out recruitment messages containing attachments from a company reviled by the audience they're trying to recruit from?

This is one thing I've noticed about recruiters across the board they
fail to understand their target market of employees. The main reason at
a guess is that they see themselves as not marketing to potential
employees, but to the HR dept of the companies, they pay the bills after
all, and as filters or "gate keepers" between the corp and the potential
employee. It then becomes a game of making the potential employee bend
to their will, or even less kindly, limited thinking ability. This, of
course, means that they get many false negatives, because those that
choice to or otherwise will not/can not play the dumb
we-only-accept-word-docs game get passed over.

On the other hand, I've come across recruiting firms which happily
accept my pdf resume, but have to ask me to submit it as a word doc
because some idiot who can only work with M$ products made sure that
their internal database won't accept anything else. I could get more
cynical, but the problem isn't neccessarily with the person you think it
is, but with those that should know better.

Jeff.