[clug] No xorg, seriously, 1024

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Mon Nov 16 21:39:15 MST 2009

Hi all,

I'm recently found an old VGA-composite converter I'd like to hook up.
The problem is though that it reports incorrect DDC data - it only
supports up to 1024x768 but reports it can support 1152x864.  As such
each boot it's completely horked and I have to fight my way through a
flickery set of menus to change the res back down.

I swear I used to have xorg-fu but it's atrophied over the last few
years - does anyone know the magic xorg incantation for "no, seriously,
I don't care what the monitor tells you, stick to 1024x768 at 60"?
Honestly, man xorg.conf used to make sense...

Thx,
	--Ben.