[clug] 24" LCDs

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Fri May 1 06:42:17 GMT 2009

On 01/05/2009, at 16:02 , Pilcher, Fred wrote:

> Does anyone have any
> recommendations? I'd like something with halfway decent colour
> rendition.

I'm somewhat pleased with my HP w2448hc, got it on special at Harvey
Norman. 1920 x 1200 or whatever. It's got a decent horizontal viewing
angle, and a nifty pivot function which is rendered useless by the
vertical viewing angle. I don't know why they bothered.

It takes VGA (why?), DVI and HDMI (and yes, it has built-in speakers
so you can actually use the HDMI for sound too). Also has built-in
microphone and webcam.

Works out of the box with my Mac and Vista laptops.

All my twiddling has not got the colour working "right" with my
MacBook though. I'm not using it for photographic work, so I'm quite
content with it for the meantime. BBEdit or EVE Online both work just
fine.

I haven't tried using the HDMI output on the Medion laptop when
running Ubuntu though.

Alex