[clug] lists.samba.org as spam source

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 04:03:59 GMT 2009

Hi Jeff,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM, jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:
> Barracuda Networks has lists.samba.org down having a poor reputation
> implying it sees it as a spam source.
>
> The ip address 91.199.50.133 is listed as "poor" on the Barracuda Reputation
> System

What's the link between that IP and lists.samba.org? I don't see it in
the headers of e-mail I receive on the CLUG list, nor does it seem to
be related to samba.org in other obvious ways:

inetnum:         91.199.50.0 - 91.199.50.255
netname:         NETROUTING
descr:           Netrouting Data Facilities
country:         NL
org:             ORG-NDF1-RIPE
admin-c:         SBT10-RIPE
tech-c:          SBT10-RIPE
status:          ASSIGNED PI "status:" definitions
mnt-by:          RIPE-NCC-HM-PI-MNT
mnt-lower:       RIPE-NCC-HM-PI-MNT
mnt-by:          NETROUTING-MNT
mnt-routes:      NETROUTING-MNT
mnt-domains:     NETROUTING-MNT
source:          RIPE # Filtered

At 15:03 [A]EDT, that same Barracuda page lists neither
lists.samba.org or samba.org on its block list (domain reputation).

cheers,
Dale