[clug] Telstra Turbo 21 wireless modem (blue dongle thingy)

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:28:22 GMT 2009

That seems what it might be, and a 'lsusb' revealed a Sierra Wireless,
Inc. device and a vendor code (1199) and product code (68a3).

Problem is that the usb_modeswitch.conf file does not have an entry
for this beast and although the entries seem fairly simple I am not
sure of the values that have to be inserted, nor indeed what to do wit
the rest of Chris's instructions for Mike's solution, from point 3
onwards.  Thanks Mike and Hal for the pointers.

I guess I could wait to see if it comes good with 9.10, but it would
be nice to hack it into submission before then.

jim (wondering if the Linux community will ever get to the stage where
is can keep up with the hardware s it arrives, or the if the hardware
will ever offer the Linux solution as the same time it offers one for
the other OS)