[clug] Telstra Turbo 21 wireless modem (blue dongle thingy)

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 03:33:07 GMT 2009

I have an orange Telstra turbo modem and when I plugged it into
several laptops running Ubuntu 9.04, it just worked (tm).  In fact
better, quicker and more seamlessly that the official Telsta
implementation on Some Other Operating System (tm).

Ugraded to a new blue Telstra 21 Moede
(http://www.telstraenterprise.com/productsservices/mobility/officemobility/Pages/Turbo21Modem.aspx?te=mb011)
and it just doesn't work (tm).  The flashing lights indicate that it
detects the 3g network but it will not connect and it is not visible
on the Ubuntu network connections (but the internal 1GB micro SD card
is).

Has anyone had any experience with this beast?  On Ubuntu or other
other distro?  Any command line gurus with magic incantations to
share?  Had a quick look at blogs and similar but could not see any
Eureka! or Bingo! posts...

A bit disappointed because it seems like a really nice unit.  But not
nice enough to tempt me back to Some Other Operating System (tm)...

jim