[clug] Re: [Pysig] Next Python Meeting

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Thu Jun 11 23:46:15 GMT 2009

Rainer and All,

As I finally succumbed to temptation and bought the smallest. cheapest and
cutest toy since my Dad showed me how abicus works, I would be interested in

1. Installation of Python modules to an eeePC
2. Advice to configure small (4 GB) SD ram module in eeePC.

I have knoppix on a 4 GB memory Stick.  Would it be possible to just dd copy
the contents to a supplementary memory module of 4 GB?

Anything other relevant to eeePC, in particular to its use to scratch  on
Python functions?  (The "built in" SD "HDD" has Python 2.5 already; Knoppix
DVD [and memory Stick] Python 2.6 already).  Should I try to install Python3?
What about "numpy" for all matrix manipulation and equation solution?

Just some topics that you may wish to take up.

Al.

On Thursday 11 June 2009 17:48:35 Rainer Klein wrote:
>         Canberra Python SIG Meeting
>
> Date:        June 13, 2000
>
> Time:        10:30 am - 12:00 am
>
> Topic:       Open
>

> Venue:     27 Callaghan Street
>
>               Evatt
>
>               Basement Office - entry at the right of the building
>

> Food/drink:     Coffee & Tea are available

Algis Kabaila (PhD Eng)
http://akabaila.pcug.org.au/StructuralAnalysis.pdf