[clug] outlook advice

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Jul 27 03:41:07 MDT 2009

Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> writes:

> But this time I have to say I am both encouraged and impressed: a)
> because a person (note use of generic non male persuasion descriptor)

Your protest against this perceived injustice is noted, and that horse is,
I think, well and truly dead now.

[...]

How about Google?  http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/sla.html

> I really like the idea of using 'the cloud' at a personal level and
> the physical freedom from technology it might promise.  But is this
> scalable to a work team, an organization, a country?

Generally speaking, scalability is better than solutions that involve running
your own hardware.  Business continuity and/or security come down to the
contract between you and the vendor, as most of these things do.

Regards,
        Daniel