[clug] Seagate firmware update under Linux?

Ian Matters iristech at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:11:31 GMT 2009

Thanks all.

I used
	sudo hdparm -I /dev/sdx | grep Model ; sudo hdparm -I /dev/sdx | grep
Firmware

to do the job.

My firmware version on both Seagate ST3750330AS drives is reportedly
one of the problematic ones (SD15) but because I'm not experiencing
any problems at the moment I'm somewhat reluctant to risk playing
around with the drive firmware.  In the meantime daily backups and
SMART reports as well as crossed fingers will hopefully save the day.

Cheers,
Ian Matters