[clug] GGD Canberra has launched!

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 05:48:53 GMT 2009

Here's the news you've all been waiting for ... the inaugural Canberra Girl
Geek Dinner has launched!

*Date:* Saturday, 21 February, 2009
*Time:* 7pm for a 7:30 start
*Venue:* Turkish Pide House,
Jamison<http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/?action=venue&venue_url=turkish_pide_house>,
in their private dining room.
*RSVP:* On the blog - http://girlgeekdinnerscanberra.blogspot.com/ - please
remember to tell me your name and whether or not you will be coming with a
guest

Because it's the first one we've had, it's an open mic night. No one
*has*to stand up and talk, but it would be great to have a few of you
tell us a
little bit about yourselves and what you're in to. I'll also be giving you a
little bit of a run down on the past, present and future of Girl Geek
Dinners.

The night is intended to be relaxed and fun, with a technical focus. Anyone
is welcome to attend, but guys need to make sure they have a girl to escort
them.

We don't have any sponsors yet, so unfortunately you have to pay for this
one. The banquets come to around $20-25 a head, so please bring enough cash
on the night to cover the food and whatever drinks you might have.

See you all there!

Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious, nor will I
consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
-- Sydney Smith

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.