[clug] db backend/object library based diagraming/modelling tools

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 00:02:55 GMT 2009

> I have been doing a bit of process and data flow modelling of late...
> and now I am looking for a diagraming/modelling tool that has a backend
> store/library  of objects, such that when I make chnages to attributes
> of an object in one diagram, I have the option to update all other
> diagrams that contain that object.

I know this isn't quite what you want, but SVG (and thus inkscape)
supports linking between  objects and groups.  I have been known to
write perl/python code that generates/modifies SVG in various ways
from templates.

Again, not what you want but you never know.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)