[clug] Exercise and pay the bills!

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Mon Feb 9 22:23:11 GMT 2009

I think that both a car and truck alternator would be too inefficient
and have too much dead weight. I was thinking about this earlier and was
wonder if a brushless motor of the type used in model vehicles hooked up
as a generator would be better. These units of very efficient and have a
high rating for there size, but you'd need to produce some externally
circuitry to handle the multiple windings. Better still I'm sure that a
bike shop would stock a very efficient alternator normally meant for
lights but may not be rated high enough. You always run multiple units
of course.

Jeff.