[clug] Intel GMA500 on Linux

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Aug 25 05:30:47 MDT 2009

On 25/08/09 11:54, BAXTER,Adam wrote:
> This looks more hopeful.
> http://fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/dists/jaunty/source/

And this looks like very good news, at least for those of us running Fedora...

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/08/10/intel-gma500-poulsbo-on-fedora-11-repository-with-working-3d-compiz-support/

> The Fit-PC is an awesome little thing, except for the GMA500! (and the odd Ralink RT3090...)
> I may bring it along to a CLUG at some stage, can we handle DVI being plugged into the projector or is there a spare screen somewhere?

That'd be great - I have a DVI to VGA adapter in case Bob doesn't bring his
other projector.  Showing off these kinds of new techy things is always cool.
  Maybe we can get Fedora running on it?

Have fun,

Paul