[clug] Can't locate Mysql.pm Debian Lenny

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Apr 5 21:58:31 GMT 2009

On 06/04/2009, at 00:42 , Neil Symons wrote:

> This version supports the original
>
> $dbh->query()
> numrows
> fetchash
> arguments.
>
> Looks like I have to pull a all nighter to get this original Mysql
> module to
> compile.

I'd be upgrading the software to use the Perl DBI methods instead.

Then when you switch to a proper DBMS you won't have to rewrite much,
unless you are unwittingly using MySQL-specific commands (anything
containing "ISAM") or MySQL-isms (such as assuming that any column
named "updated_on" will be automatically set to the current time when
the row is updated).