[clug] OT: Congratulations Caroline...

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Oct 27 02:00:59 GMT 2008

Fred Pilcher wrote:
> On a partly-related issue, does anyone know how much Australian
> governments spend annually on Microsoft license fees?
>
> It's a big ask, I know, since it's undoubtedly "commercial in
> confidence", but has anyone every done any back-of-the-envelope
> calculations?

I was reading the other day that all Commonwealth departments now needed
to publically list any contracts over $100k. If I'm not confused, then
that might help you find out what you want to know. An example to get
you started:

http://www.aph.gov.au/DPS/SenateOrder2007.pdf

$740,040 via Kaz for Microsoft Enterprise Licenses

Mikal