[clug] Problems with Samba and Win2000

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Oct 21 22:56:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, jimadiva wrote:

> Why would it work so well with the WinXP and Vista files and be totally
> screwed with the Win2000 files?  What am I missing here?

Search for "Windows NT" on this page:
https://lists.xsec.it/pipermail/samba-it/2002-December/000052.html

It seems you need a "security mask".

If I were to take a guess, I'd say 2000/NT are using different versions of
the CIFS protocol compared to Vista/XP.  I'd only be guessing, though.

Note that this is a linux list - not a samba list - so while there are
samba experts on here, I'm not one of them :)  That being said, let us
know if you still can't get it working.

> Jim

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.