[clug] Future talks

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:59:07 GMT 2008

2008/5/26 Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org>:

> On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 11:03 +1000, Chris Smart wrote:
> >
> > *I would like to know what sorts of topics people are interested in
> > hearing a talk about at CLUG.*
>
> Thanks to everyone for their input, so far. Please keep it coming :)
>
> I will chase these ideas up and ensure we have some great talks prepared
> in advance. Yes, I said "in advance" - are you shocked?!
>
> -c
>

> --

<$0.02>
1. Design/Usability (this is a big issue in FOSS, but gets ignored a lot by
the 'tech-heads').
2. Things that other FOSS/LUG groups are doing - is anyone doing anything
really worthwhile for the community?
3. Who is doing it right (companies that use and support FOSS) and how to
support them, so that they can keep supporting us. Also - when does 'Doing
it Right' become 'Doing it Wrong'?
4. Working with FOSS people - both voluntarily and for-profit - FOSS is
different, and you need different skills. It's not just about engineers -
you still need designers, writers, QA, support, etc. Even small projects
need these things in some form - how do you get them? Why can't the
developers do it?
</$0.02>

--
Cheers! Lana

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and
in high heels.
-- Faith Whittlesey

Please avoid sending me Word, Powerpoint or Windows Media File attachments.