[clug] I want to switch my home computer from M$ Windows XP to LINUX

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 3 08:49:06 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I am sick of M$ Windows XP on my home computer.  I want to switch to LINUX.
I have a CD player and a floppy disk.  I have heard that UBUNTU is good for
families.  I am use to UNIX on Sun Solaris.

Does anyone know where I can get a coy of UBUNTU on CD in Canberra or how
can I download it onto my computer and install it?  Or should I go for
something else like Debian or Ret Hat?  I don't think that I will be a power
user to use GENTOO.

Thanks in advance.

John.