[clug] USB (Digital) TV Tuners + Linux

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:47:27 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I want one of these. A while ago there was a thread that these worked:

   http://digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/tinyusb2.html

And they were from a Canberra reseller, pity they are no longer made
it would appear from the webpage. Anyone happen to know one that "just
works" under Ubuntu Hardy and/or should be supported for providing
Drivers for Linux?

My wants are:

   * "Just works" under Linux
   * Must be USB based (I only use laptops at home thus no PCI).
   * Bonus points for OSX + Vista
   * External remote a plus
   * Ability to work sans Computer a huge plus but doubtful.
(typically via VGA ouput)
   * PAL inputs for video conversion a big plus.

For the last points here there used to be an ATI all in wonder thing
that did this but it is not Digital.

I have played the google on this and for PCI it seems fairly clear cut
but inconsistent for USB based stuff.

ta

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)