[clug] S.M.A.R.T message for hd failure

Jsparksaa at cs.com Jsparksaa at cs.com
Thu Jan 31 20:01:40 GMT 2008

  I have worked with a few PC's with failed / failing drives in the past couple months and I have gotten warnings from POST that each drive was "in imminent danger."  I guess that when the drive is bad enough that POST can see failure, the drive is close to toast.

  In one case, the drive was making bad noises, but I was able to Ghost the failing drive to a new drive.  The other drives sounded OK, although the initial spin-up of the drive produced some clicking sounds.

Jim