[clug] Anyone want to give a talk for this week's CLUG meeting?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 22 01:04:33 GMT 2008

Chris Smart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently there is no talk scheduled for this week's CLUG meeting.
>
> If you'd like to give a talk at this week's meeting, or a future meeting,
> please drop me a line.
>
> regards
>
> Chris Smart

I could bring my eeePC along and we could do something nasty to it
(like install SuSE) or something not so nasty to it (install Gentoo,
Ubuntu etc.) - could see how long it takes to compile the kernel :-)

(btw. anyone read this months APC article on DistCC? I don't normally
read APC, but I was away on holidays and the quality of the Linux
coverage is appalling! Anyway this article claims that a kernel
compile takes about 8 hours! Dunno what he was compiling it on?)

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.