[clug] Share: Some folders are not accessible

maxo maxcgerer at web.de
Thu Jan 10 23:39:04 GMT 2008

Hi,
My problem is that I can't access some of the folders in the share. I have
one Share, [neu], mapped directly to the root dir /.
The following folders are displayed when I access this share:
bin
dev
etc
lib
media
misc
mnt
net
opt
proc
sbin
srv
sys
tmp
usr
var

These are not shown, but they exist:
boot
home
lost+found
root
selinux

If I try to directly access /home/max through my second Share, [max], it
fails and the log says:
'/home/max' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to [max]

My smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = ARBEIT
        netbios name = dbsrv

        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50

        passdb backend = tdbsam
[neu]
        path = /
        read only = no
[max]
        path = /home/max
        read only = no

I added the user 'max': smbpasswd -a max

I don't know where my mistake is, please help me!
Thank you, Max