[clug] Linux Laptop?

Gary Woodman antigramp at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 26 12:45:57 GMT 2008

--- Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> The T61 Thinkpad is currently on special at lenovo.com.au for $1499
> (1GB, 160GB HDD) and the R61 is $999 (+$300 for 2GB, 160GB HDD and
> AGN).

After my T40 started playing up, I bought one of those $1299 R61s for
$1097 at Domayne; I just couldn't resist :-) Everything works out of
the box (I'm on Mint today) except the built-in camera. I would have
liked faster CPus, but gee, I can't complain for the money!

> I <heart> my thinkpad(s), great full size keyboards, great
> trackpoint/3 button ergonomics.

Hear hear! IBM, now Lenovo, has made the best keyboards for, oooh,
decades. And the dual pointers and multiple mouse buttons are icing on
the cake.

To the OP, try a Thinkpad, I'm sure you'll be impressed!

Gary

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail