[clug] Re: pay for software (was Bluetooth mice)

Hugh Fisher hugh.fisher at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 19 08:08:01 GMT 2007

Paul Wayper wrote:

> I would, however, like to have a way to browse the phone's contents on
> Linux that is anywhere as neat and useful as having it appear in the
> Windows Explorer directory tree in full subfolder-y glory.  I'd also pay
> money to have a Linux program that can edit the phone's contact list.
> But we're getting there.

As a thought experiment, how much would you be willing to pay? I'm
often told that the GPL/free software doesn't stop people being
paid for software, so let's try this as a test case. How many hours
of development would you be willing to fund, say at $25/hour?

(I'm not qualified to write such a program myself, but someone on
this list might be able to do this for real if the offer is right.)

	cheers,
	Hugh