[clug] Linux in education

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 07:48:34 GMT 2007

On 10/3/07, Ben Chaplin <wombat at chapmac.com> wrote:

> I'm currently in first year at the ANU (hi Bob!) and on the computing
> forums there are quite a few people suggesting we should be running
> Windows in the IT labs because they feel uncomfortable with Linux and
> think Windows would be faster and easier.

They what? I hope that's just the grumblings of the few and not a
serious proposal. If my application to start an undergraduate degree
at ANU DCS next year is successful, I'll certainly be hoping that
Linux continues to have a home there.

I can't imagine that the current staff would like to see a change to
Windows, but maybe that's because the only staff I meet are the pro
Linux (or MacOS) people.

--
MC