[clug] Linux on new school computers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Wed Nov 28 05:46:54 GMT 2007

Robert Edwards wrote:
> We might want to bang on Bob's (McMullin) door as well and see
> what interest he might have in fostering a renewed software (FOSS)
> industry in our country.

I've been meaning to put an education section on http://makethemove.net
for a long time, but never got around to it (volunteers anyone!?) - such
a section might be handy as a reference for people new to the idea of
FOSS and what it could do for the education sector.

On another note, I actually went to Parliament House today for an
un-related meeting with Bob McMullin, but he couldn't make it in the
end. If I see him later in the week I could mention the idea.

-c