[clug] Linux on new school computers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:53:27 GMT 2007

Sounds like a great idea to me, but I would caution that you first run
the ideas you have by a few teachers (in the wild) so that what you
are proposing will be what they have all just heard from schools.
(remember they all just had to go visit two schools each as part of
their duties...)

You would of course strengthen your case even more if you could get a
real live teacher or two along to this meeting.... Having a teacher
there saying "look I can do this with this Ubuntu thing, I could use
this with my kids like X and it would increase what the kids knowledge
by Y".

I realise that I may well be preaching to the choir here but thought I
might mention it.

On Nov 28, 2007 2:40 PM,  <tridge at samba.org> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I've emailed Kate Lundy offering to meet with her to discuss
> opportunities for FOSS in the new governments education
> initiatives. If she agrees, then I think we should put together some
> demo machines (maybe a laptop running Edubuntu, plus a OLPC machine?)
>
> Or maybe we can get her along to CLUG sometime?
>
> Cheers, Tridge
> --

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883