[clug] /etc/network/interfaces

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Nov 27 06:09:01 GMT 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Andrew Janke wrote:

> I could of course just increase the default-lease-time statement (and
> max-lease-time) but what I want is that when I install a machine for
> the first time (either via FAI or manually with a CD) I can then "fix

Hey! That sounds familiar.  We use FAI to install our clusters.

# generated by FAI
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
.
<custom stuff snipped>
.
address 10.17.33.130
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 10.17.33.255
gateway 10.17.33.1
------

I'm pretty sure this is taken care of in fai/scripts/NETWORK/S40; do your
installs currently have DHCPC as a class for your machines?  Try taking
them out of that class?

> Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.