[clug] Meraki Mini (meshing AP) - anyone interested?

Edwin Gibbons efg at rosella.apana.org.au
Mon Nov 5 09:28:27 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a little bit off topic - more wireless than
linux, but it does look such a sweet tiny little linux AP, with the
possibility of auto meshing - if it can find another one to talk to, that is ..

I started looking for a WRT54Gxx for a AP at home but found reference
to a Meraki in my travels, so I then spent a enjoyable
evening trawling the Meraki website ... and other comments found on google.au

Looks a nice box, cheap (under $US50 - yea AU$ to US$ exchange rate)
... but the transport cost sadly looks equivalent to the cost of one unit ...

Anyone interested in getting some sent over and split the transport cost?

Regards,

Edwin

Official hardware versions ... http://meraki.com/oursolution/hardware/
Review #1 http://www.the-mesh.org/tiki-index.php?page=Meraki+Mini
Install OpenWrt? http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Meraki/Mini
Scientific American :
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa004&articleID=38462CAE-E7F2-99DF-321E78970AEB35C0&ref=rss

Quick Specs from OpenWrt site:

Bootloader: RedBoot
CPU: Atheros AR2315
CPU Speed: 180 Mhz
Flash size: 8 MB
RAM: 32 MB
Wireless: integrated Atheros 802.11b/g
Ethernet: 1xLAN
USB: nonelschweiss
Serial: yes
JTAG: yes

===PS.  Would go well with a ASUS Eee 701 4G under any christmas tree <grin>