[clug] Laptop probs

Fred Pilcher fpilcher at netspeed.com.au
Sat Mar 24 00:18:50 GMT 2007

Hey guys. I just bought an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop, and a nice machine it
is. Of course it comes with Fista, but I've installed Open SuSE 10.2 as a
dual boot. My problem is that SuSE isn't activating - or doesn't seem to be -
some of the basic services, including wireless networking and my bluetooth
mouse.

The weird thing is that the that the Intel 3945ABG device is detected and
seems to be working, but I can't make it connect.

Similarly, the mouse shows up in the kbluetoothd list (when I can get it
working) but the mouse doesn't work.

I'd be very grateful if some kind soul had the time, inclination, and patience
to help a noob with that stuff.

Cheers,

Fred