[clug] MtM - content update

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Thu Mar 15 04:00:21 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 14:51, Nathan O'Sullivan wrote:
[snip]
> I think the list should be Fedora, OpenSuse, Ubuntu. All 3 have large
> newbie-friendly communities and are backed by large companies.  If a new
> user cannot find something they like in those 3 then surely Linux is not
> for them.
True. What about Mandriva? It has commercial support and a large community
backing. If so, then these are the four I currently have listed at
makethemove.net. Maybe I shoudl leave off Debian and Gentoo or at least
mention them rather than recommend them (like I do Puppy and Damn Small for
older hardware).

> Of course I am kind of assuming this site is targetted at Desktop
> users.
Yeah, I guess so :)

Cheers,
-c