[clug] Issues mounting a RHEL4 nfs export.

Antony Wuth foobie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 02:18:34 GMT 2007

On 1/25/07, Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> wrote:

> On 1/25/07, Antony Wuth <foobie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Currently the RHEL4 machine seems to be playing badly. The solaris end
> of
> > the connection seems to just timeout with: NFS server xx.xx.xx not
> > responding still trying.
>
> When the RH box was installed did you say no to the selinux option?
> You need to make sure this is off.

We installed with selinux in permissive mode -> changing to disabled &
rebooting
didn't seem to help.

Also do you have any firewall rules active that could be blocking it?
> "iptables -L"

Reporting things are wide open.

Might be time to suck it up and log a support call, I have managed to avoid
such pain so far.

Thanks
Antony