[clug] SUSE MODPOST problem

Brian bnc at astronomicalresearchaustralia.org
Mon Jan 8 13:11:29 GMT 2007

Hi,
I have installed SUSE 10.2  2.6.18.6-2.
I am trying to compile a module and get the error below.
When I look in the scripts file modpost is definitely missing.
I tried to make modpost but it fails as well.
It seem as though there have been some changes in this area since
2.6.16.21-0.25-default.
I have googled quite a bit but do not understand how to fix this.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Brian

L2:/opt/apogee/src/apogee/module26 # make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=$PWD
modules
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18.6-2'
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST
/bin/sh: scripts/mod/modpost: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 127
make: *** [modules] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18.6-2'