[clug] meeting with Kate [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Roppola, Antti - BRS Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Dec 6 06:28:11 GMT 2007

OTOH,

We *might* use less energy by ditching our old PC and using an
applicance (like one of the Via Epia minis) to connect to a virtualised
cluster.

Life cycle energy costs can be fiendishly tricky.

I notice a large data centre contract recently went to a supplier
because their new hardware had significantly lower power consumption.

Cheers,

Antti