[clug] spamsum usage in the real world

Michael James clug2 at james.st
Tue Nov 14 23:30:43 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 6:52 pm, Nemo wrote:

> Currently we're just running spamassassin (via spamd/spamc) over all
> messages (many customers, we don't want to teach them how to train
> a bayesian filter), but this is a chunky performance hit.

If you have enough customers using IMAP
 could they be educated to use this?

Each user gets a SPAM folder for the auto-detected SPAM.
You ask them to dump any missed spam in there too,
 and to remove any false positives.

A cron job runs spamassassin or dspam in learning mode,
 assuming all read messages in the spam folder are actually spam.
Search the other mail folders for the
 spamassassin over-threshhold header,
 and learn it as ham.

michaelj

--
There is no perl one line hack
 that a page of java won't do more elegantly.