[clug] linux-friendly mobile/pda

Robert (Bob) Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Dec 1 00:00:39 GMT 2006

Thanks Jacinta - that dicussion was useful. Boils down to:
  - do I really need a PDA/Phone or would 2 separate devices
	be better
  - if a combined device, the Treo or O2 (WinCE!) are good but
	neither are Linux
  - if I can wait a little longer (I can't), then the Moko or
	the Qtopia would be good Linux-based PDA/phones

I'll go out and look at what a Treo 650 costs in Canberra
and may end up with a simple GSM phone and a seperate PDA
(although I liked one respondent's observation that carrying
two power adaptors around the place is a pain - might opt
for something I can charge from my USB port).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.