[clug] bike sig?

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Sep 15 07:49:00 GMT 2005

All

So I notice quite a few CLUGgers appear to be keen on riding bikes (by
cluggers I mean people on this list)

Names that come to mind immmediately include Michael Neuling, Hugh
Blemings, Chris Yeoh, Andrew Tridgell, Steve Hanley, Michael Carden.

Various other people have been sighted on bikes with increasing regualrity
over the past while (Rusty Russell, Michael Still, Tony Breeds, Bob Edwards
all come to mind)

I propose a bike sig.

Modeled on the PubSIG and lca2005 bike ride but with bike riding before a
cafe and held on a weekend day during the day. The lca ride was most popular
so I think it may catch on to do one of these form time to time.

I am out of town this weekend, CLUG is next Thursday, I was thinking maybe
Sunday the 25th. Mikal and Bob both suggest early afternoon, so maybe after
lunch.

Thus I propose

When: 14:00 2005-09-25
Where: In front of the Department of Computer Science ANU (where CLUG is held)
What: Gentle ride around lake burley griffin on the bike path with other
      cluggers followed by sitting around and chatting about geeky things
      or something at a cafe in civic (we need to sit somewhere where we can
      see bikes, I suggest Dobinsons)
Why: To ride bikes, talk geek, have fun. Also I am sure Hugh, Michael
     Neuling and others would be keen to show off their geek bike setups with gps
     and ham radio and other cool shit
Why Not: pouring with rain

I will be there.

	See You