[clug] KDE: kicker keeps on crashing

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:24:24 GMT 2005

Hi again,

I'm running SUSE 9.3 Professional (64 bit version) and kicker keeps on
crashing.  This usually occurs when I am closing multiple windows at
once (I have grouping turned on in the taskbar) either by
right-clicking on a group of windows and going "Close all" or when I
am using Matlab and type "close all" to close all the figure windows.

Sometimes kicker restarts by itself.  However, half the time I have to
restart kicker manually from the nearest available terminal.  When it
crashes it gives me the following error messages in the terminal
window:

kdecore (KWin): WARNING: Pass NET::XAWMState to KWin::windowInfo()
kicker: crashHandler called
KCrash: Application 'kicker' crashing...
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x3800779
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x3800779

and then continue on with a whole heap of "X Error: BadWindow" lines
similiar to the above except with different numbers in the Resource id
field.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
Pearl