[clug] Please recommend a TV Card for Linux

freegazer freegazer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:40:13 GMT 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:26:26 +1000, Joel Plane <joel at korgsit.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cheap TV card with some degree of Linux support?
>
> Two that I was looking at are:
> *LEADTEK WinFast TV2000 XP Expert
> **TV Excel TV Tuner *TV401U+RC
> Neither of these have Linux 'support' as such, but can anyone tell me
> that they work on Linux to whatever degree?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Am I meant to put some sort of tag in the subject for this type of post?
> --

I can highly recommend the Visionplus DVB-t. The Excel card is based
on it (apparently).
any of the kernels after 2.6.4 have support for it but it may require
some additional  work such as the stuff Paul mentioned (but that seems
to be standard)

The output quality is awesome but i have found that stretching some of
 buffers in players helps smooth out some problems with small cpu's

I picked one up at the markets for $110 and never looked back

--
<signature block>
Rule #35