[clug] sshd ListenOnly

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 28 11:27:10 GMT 2005

from "man sshd_config":

      AllowUsers
              This keyword can be followed by a list of user name
patterns,
              separated by spaces.  If specified, login is allowed only
for
              user names that match one of the patterns.  `*' and `'?
can be
              used as wildcards in the patterns.  Only user names are
valid; a
              numerical user ID is not recognized.  By default, login is
              allowed for all users.  If the pattern takes the form
USER at HOST
              then USER and HOST are separately checked, restricting
logins to
              particular users from particular hosts.

So maybe:
AlowUsers @hostname
AllowUsers *@192.168.0.2

On 2005 Mar 28, , at 7:56 PM, david wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am wading thru sshd directives, can someone suggest a conf that will
> make sshd respond only to a single ip or a subnet?
>
> tia
> --
> David Howe
> http://www.qednet.biz
>    |                                                           |
>    | Your mouse has moved.                                     |
>    | Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect.  |
>    |                                                           |
>    |                                                           |
>    |                                             +----+        |
>    |                                             | OK |        |
>    |                                             +----+        |

Kim Holburn
Network Manager,  National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641 F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request
callto://kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=16 ->
http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD]
http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961