[clug] Debian sarge, XFree4 and X11

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 10 05:24:45 GMT 2005

So if I am the "intended recipient" (or think I am?) I can do anything
with it I like?  That's not a very good legal notice then is it?  It
actually hands all legal rights over the email to the "recipients".

On 2005 Mar 10, , at 4:00 PM, Robert Thorsby wrote:

> On 2005.03.10 15:29 Kim Holburn wrote:
>> Interesting disclaimer.
>> By replying and copying part of your email am I doing something
>> wrong?  Do I need to consult my lawyer?  Can this email legally be
>> part of the list archive?
>
> Clearly, the email can be replied to, copied, archived, etc., because
> the "intended recipient" includes everyone who replies to, receives
> from, searches archives of, etc the mailing list.
>
> Alternatively, since the publication (ie, posting to the mailing list)
> is to the world at large then the world-at-large is the "intended
> recipient".
>
> In the further alternative, since the disclaimer is in conflict with
> the publication then the disclaimer is inoperative and to no effect.

Is it to any effect anyway?

> In the additional further alternative ...
>
> Gawd, I'm glad I don't do this for a living anymore.

Do what?  You mean you are a lawyer?

> Robert Thorsby
> --

Kim Holburn
Network Manager,  National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641 F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request
callto://kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=16 ->
http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD]
http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961