[clug] Maxtor II One Touch and Linux

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 7 06:24:26 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a Maxtor One Touch II external hard drive.  I
know it doesn't support Linux (officially), but I was wondering if it
works in Linux at all?  I'm especially worried about the "DriveLock"
feature.  Basically you cannot access the drive without a password.  To
put in the password you need to use a special software utility.  Which I
am 100% sure does not work with Linux.  Can you simply turn this feature
off when you don't need it (obviously with a password...)?

So would anyone like to share their experiences with this hard drive and
Linux?

Pearl