[clug] Nerdband (was public wireless)

Nerdvana - Steve Walsh S.walsh at nerdvana.com.au
Thu Mar 3 09:00:51 GMT 2005

Cody and Andrew are both right in terms of interference, however it is
neither cordless phones, Microwaves, AZURE wireless or iBurst causing the
interference, but a badly set up domestic AP. This AP runs from 8.14am to
5.22pm 7 days a week, and our network is unusable during those times. Any
time before or after and you can associate and surf without issue.

As a result of this, and after a lot of discussion with Val, we've decided
to suspend our service at Valentino's until the AP is either configured
properly or removed. BUT! don't worry, there are other places in the city we
have been talking to about hosting a node (two are waiting on the ADSL
provisioning atm), so stay tuned and we'll announce them shortly.

Our Dickson node at Deli Marco (opposite the NAB branch in Dickson shops) is
still operating, so if you need a public access fix, head on over and grab a
coffee, associate and while away some hours there.

Regards, and happy wardriving.

Stephen Walsh
Nerdvana Systems Pty Ltd
Ph:02 626 22 555
www.nerdvana.com.au

The Contents of this email may be privileged or contain sensitive business
information. If you have received this email in error or are not the
addressed recipient, Please contact the sender immediately and delete the
email. Any attachments received in this way are deemed Null and Void, and
will only be honoured by negotiation with Nerdvana Systems, Pty Ltd, or it's
duly authorised representative.