[clug] public wireless

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Mar 1 00:41:59 GMT 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 11:06:07AM +1100, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:
> Nerdband offers access from Valentino's caf? in Civic, but
> there has been an ongoing issue with interference from another
> network. I understand that someone is having the interference
> investigated, last week we were right next to the node and even
> then we were being drowned out.
>
> Contact details for Nerdband in this link:
>   http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2004-September/011988.html
>
> Even if the link is down, Valentino's does good coffee. :o)
>
> Anyone know if LCA is going to try for a similar setup to what
> the last LCA did in the Adelaide CBD?

We cant, there is no one who has set up the infrastructure all around the
city.

We did (well Mikal asked on our behalf) ask this list if people could tell
us where all the publically available wireless hotspots were so we could put
them in the conference program or tell people where they are or similar.

However the citilan thing in adelaide set up there by internode is not
planned for Canberra roll out for a while yet.

Of course anyone interested could play around with that wireless broadband
thing (Bob and Mikal know what it is called, I forget)

	See You
	    Steve

> Cheers,
>
> Antti

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh http://svana.org/sjh/diary
linux.conf.au 2005 - Canberra - April 18-23 2005
http://lca2005.linux.org.au - The Australian Linux Technical Conference